Do you love your dog but struggle to find the time to walk them every day? Do you feel guilty when you have to leave them alone for long hours or when you can’t give them the exercise they need? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you might want to consider hiring a dog walker.
A dog walker is a professional who can take your dog out for walks on a regular basis, either individually or in a group with other dogs. Hiring a dog walker has many benefits for both you and your furry friend, such as:
- Improved pet health: Walking is one of the best ways to keep your dog healthy and fit. According to the American Kennel Club1, pet obesity is a major health concern for dogs that can lead to serious diseases such as diabetes, arthritis, and heart problems. By hiring a dog walker, you can ensure that your dog gets the minimum of three walks per day for at least 20 minutes each, as recommended by most vets and specialists2.
- Improved pet behavior: A bored or restless dog can develop unwanted behaviors such as chewing, barking, digging, or urinating indoors. These behaviors are often signs of frustration, anxiety, or lack of stimulation. By hiring a dog walker, you can provide your dog with an outlet for their energy and a source of mental stimulation. A well-exercised and well-socialized dog is more likely to be calm and relaxed at home3.
- Increased stimulation and socialization: Dogs are social animals that need variety and interaction with other living beings. By hiring a dog walker, you can expose your dog to different environments, smells, sounds, and sights that can enrich their senses and keep them curious. With your permission, most walkers will also allow your dog to go on group walks with other dogs, where they can run, play, and learn from each other4.
- Saved time: Hiring a dog walker can free up some of your precious time that you can use for other important tasks or activities. You won’t have to rush home every lunchtime or worry about fitting in a walk before or after work. You can also enjoy some quality time with your dog when you are at home, without feeling pressured or stressed about their exercise needs5.
- Peace of mind: Hiring a dog walker can give you the peace of mind that your dog is in good hands and well taken care of when you are not around. You can trust that your dog walker is a professional who loves and understands animals and will treat your dog with care and respect. You can also communicate with your dog walker regularly and get updates on how your dog is doing5.
As you can see, hiring a dog walker can be a great decision for you and your dog. It can improve your dog’s health, behavior, happiness, and quality of life. It can also make your life easier, more convenient, and less stressful. If you are interested in hiring a dog walker, make sure to do some research and find someone who is reliable, experienced, insured, and compatible with your dog’s personality and needs.